Saturday, September 18, 2010

Covet This!

Gucci shades I covet
I have an accentric taste in fashion and accessories and right now I'm drooling over the Chloe Myrte sunglasses which are retailing for a cool $300 here in Canada. I've seen them at Square One Shopping Mall in Mississauga, Ontario and I was ready to buy them half-price at $150 but opted for an XBOX 360 instead....which I'm still kicking myself for. If I can locate a pair again, I'll be sure to grab them because their vintage, round shape are refreshingly different than the regular oversized aviators or thick black plastic shades that Sunglass Hut and Holt Renfrew's has piles of. I had originally vied for these Lennon inspired Gucci shades but they're out of season and will not be making a return (how I mourned them) plus at $500 they were a bit out of my price range, although if I didn't have my fiancee I'd have bought them in an instant. I go goo-goo for a very awesome, one-of-a-kind pair of shades. It just adds more dimension to my identity. It adds mystery, allure and of course, individuality. The 'uglier' the shades to the average person, the more I dig 'em!

Chanel de Bleu eau de toilette
Also, I'm a huge perfume snob. I don't like women's scents though and prefer men's eau de toilettes or colognes. For the last year, my fiancee and I both decided we could die for Narciso Rodriguez's Men's cologne with a nice sandalwood, musky scent but I've opened up to YSL Le Nuit L'Homme and Chanel Le Bleu which blew my mind away the first day I spritzed it in my bedroom. YSL L'Homme is very popular and so is the new Chanel, and I do hate going with the crowd but what can you do? When something smells good, it smells good.

Toyota Prius hybrid car
My fiancee and I drive a 2000 Chrysler Neon in silver but I've had the pleasure of driving a brand-new Toyota Prius in red, and I was all for the hybrid eco-friendly car, it drove smoothly and felt amazing and for $26,000 it's affordable. People are all like Benzes and Rovers, but honestly if you get over the fact they are status symbols, you'll notice the great cars in their shadows. When we crashed our first car, a Plymouth, we had a Toyota Yaris for a while and I had gotten so accustomed to the car and enjoyed it so much that whenever I see one on the road I just smile. Right now I'm coveting the Prius, because when you're saving the environment....you can't go wrong!

2010 Burberry trenchcoat $1100, Holt Renfrew's
Okay, what else out there in this materialistic world do I HAVE to have? Is it a Tiffany's key necklace? Nope. Is it a Gucci totebag? Nope...but close. Is it Christian Louboutin boots? Nada. The number one thing on my Must-Have List is actually the Burberry trench coat. Any fashion blog you read will tell you double-breasted is in, and I've been a very loyal lover of Burberry because of their adorable children's collection and their cute diaper bag and baby bottles. I tried the coat on at Holt's and it TRANSFORMED me and left me breathless. I saw myself in a way I never saw myself before: successful, classy and regal. For a cool $1,100 before tax though this is a coat I will either have to hunt for on a bargain website or save up for a while because I wasn't fortunate enough to invent Facebook or win a lottery ticket. :) I have had this trenchcoat on my Blackberry screen background and on the laptop and I dream about walking my pug wearnig it on Bel Air Avenue in Yorkville or strolling to Starbucks. It is a coat that when you wear it, CANNOT make you ignored. So, now you know my must have list. I shall shoot you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment